Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day #4

January 4, 2014 - The Daily Intersection

Who would ever think a movie might be just what is needed to bring a healing moment? Who realized a healing moment was even needed? Certainly not me. Certainly not at Saving Mr. Banks.

I grew up on Mary Poppins. Sang the songs, absolutely loved the story. Yet, I never knew it was a true story, one that nearly did not make it to the big screen. If it had not been for the tenacity of Walt Disney, the movie might never have been made.

Certainly, Mary Poppins was a story that mesmerized this young girl. However, I did not know there was quite the story behind the story and that the author endured a childhood filled with challenge. Now, I won’t spoil it for anyone, but it’s quite a story worth watching.

Surely the movie will not affect everyone like it affected me. Suffice it to say, however, that I also had what I would call a challenging relationship with my father. While Mrs. Travers (the author of the books) and my life only share minute similarities, Saving Mr. Banks spoke to me. As did Mrs. Travers. Here is the healing moment: “Mr. Banks did not have a change of heart. He always had a light heart, just one burdened by the worries of life.”

In one fell swoop, my week came together. God brought it all together for me. Hope, the joy of realizing there will be a new day, comes from giving the worries of life over to the One Who can help, Who cares, and Who loves me. Thank you, God, for hope - and healing.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment