Monday, January 20, 2014

Day #15

January 15, 2014

Sometimes the hardest thing to be is grateful. Especially if someone else has something I want, or is given something more favorable than I have been given.

Someone got the special treatment that I didn’t get, I heard recently. I am upset, but there is probably not a thing I can do about it. The comment made me wonder, did they really receive something you did not get? Or, is there a story behind what they were given that you do not know? There usually is.

The more stories I hear of people’s lives, the more I begin to realize that few people are on the inside what they look like on the outside. What I mean is that another person’s life might seem favored, worry-free, even charmed, when really they are covering up more hurt, anger and regret than anyone around them could imagine. And the little thing (or sometimes big thing) they just received, was the first gift they have received in forever. It might even be the very thing that keeps them hanging on when all hope seems lost.

It may be hard to imagine when we are on the short end of receiving, but things just might be in our favor next time. Then you can bet someone else is wondering why you received what they wanted or thought they deserved. Yes, it usually comes around - in both directions.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment