Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day #21

January 21, 2014

Ever put your foot in your mouth? It’s like you realize at the moment it didn’t come out right, but you don’t really think about it until later. And when you do think about it, oh boy.

That happened this week. I was taken aback by a comment from one of the young ones as I looked at him and smiled. What are you looking at? The way he asked took me by surprise.

What came out of my mouth, but - a mean little boy. Those words haunt me. Truth is, he isn’t a mean little boy at all. He’s a sweet, smart little one who happened to be having what I took as a mean moment.

Phooey on my mouth. Phooey on my not thinking my response through. Phooey on hurting a little one’s self-image or esteem. I know I hate to be called mean. What did he think? Oh, what have I done and will he understand when I ask for forgiveness?

Let’s hope so. Those words that come out of our mouth are so hard to get back. But at least I can apologize and tell him he isn’t mean.

As soon as I can, I am.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment