Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day #22

January 22, 2014

There is a group of colleagues who meet, mostly weekly, that I was honored to ask to join not long after I came to my first call. Suffice it to say, I don’t think I would have survived some of these experiences without their support and advice. They listen. They encourage. They tell it like it is. They challenge. They root me on, and keep me humble.

It’s a great thing to be associated with these guys. They have welcome me in, even though they thought I was trying to sell a copier or a pictorial directory the first time I went to the meeting. You could see it on their face - what’s this person doing here?

In the past few years, we have laughed and cried. Learned and questioned. Changed and grown. All for the love of Christ and the call.

Thanks guys, and here’s to many more weeks in Christ’s service.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment