Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day #26

January 26, 2014

We ran into a member of another congregation while out eating lunch. This other congregation is in the process of searching for their next new pastor, so I know there are many anxious folks. We talked about that whole process for a few moments. Then I was totally taken back when the statement was made: I’m not sure I agree with female pastors, but if we had to have one, you would be my choice.

It nearly made me choke on my food. Really?! Was that meant to be a compliment? How do you respond to something like that in the middle of a restaurant? How do you respond at all?

What came out of my mouth was, prayers for you as you find the next pastor God is calling to the congregation, whoever that may be. Whew!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment