Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day #24

January 24, 2014

It’s probably one of the things I put off doing the most - except for filing - and that is writing thank you notes. People are so kind, do such nice things, and what do I do? I put off writing a note of thanks. I’m quick to say thank you, orally, but when it comes to writing….well….that needs work.

What could be the reason? It’s certainly not lack of appreciation. My handwriting is terrible, but that’s not a good excuse. Don’t know what to say? Sometimes it’s tough to write it so that my words do not sound trite. Honestly, though, I don't know the reason for my dislike.

Yet, it always feels so good to get them done. Putting thank you notes in the mail is a wonderful feeling. If nothing else, just so folks know I mean it when I say, thank you. Besides that, who doesn’t like to get mail?!

So every time I finish a batch, I make a promise I won’t wait so long to send the next ones. Then procrastination sets in again, and months go by. Maybe if I’ll just remember how much I appreciate a note of thanks, it will encourage me to be more diligent.

By the way, if I haven’t sent a thank you lately, know I do appreciate you - for reading, for doing, and for sharing the faith at The Intersection. 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment