Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day #148

May 28, 2014

When it comes to paying bills, I am a stickler for paying them on time (if at all possible). That is why when my doctor’s office called last week about an outstanding bill, I became a little defensive. Well, let’s face it, I was pretty much rude. “I haven’t even received a statement or the Explanation of Benefits from the insurance (I’m so grateful I have insurance!) company,” I told her. After all, it had only been a few days since my visit. And she was calling because I owed them money?! And she wanted me to pay right then?! What happened to having thirty days?!

The person calling kept saying, “but the doctor told me to call everyone (emphasis on EVERYONE) who had an outstanding amount due.” I wanted to say, well, tell him I disagree with the way he’s running his business. But I didn’t. No, I was just insistent that I would pay the bill as soon as I received either a statement from them OR the EOB from the insurance company.

Well, the statement AND the EOB were in the mail when I got home. So I took a check by today. And with it, an apology. She appreciated me saying I was sorry, but she reiterated she had to call everyone and that she wasn’t singling me out. I wanted to say, it sure felt like it.

Sad thing is, there will be another bill since I had to see the doctor today. Oh well. When it comes, I will pay it quickly, if at all possible. :-)

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment