Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day #143

May 23, 2014

It was a frightening moment. I came home today to a sick husband. A very sick husband. As I came in, he was lying really still on the bed, as white as a ghost, and my heart sank. I had just talked to him a few moments before and he had not mentioned anything was wrong. But something was very wrong and that first look scared me to death. In 25 years of marriage, I have never seen him quite like this.

We believe it must have been something he ate. But in the moments after I realized he was sick, yes, but that he was going to get better, I was so overwhelmingly grateful that all God heard from me was “thank you,” over and over.

It is so easy to take for granted that the ones we love will always be there for us. Today was a reminder to be thankful for every minute of good health and togetherness. And I am!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment