Saturday, May 24, 2014

Day #140

May 20, 2014

Some folks have the gift of never meeting a stranger. They find it very easy to just start talking to anyone and everyone they meet (well, within reason). It is truly a gift - and one I am still a ‘work in progress’ of developing.

It is my shy nature. It has always been there, and I suppose it always will be. It is not that I do not love people, or want to make new friends, I just do not always know what to say or think about starting a conversation.

Thankfully, I have a good teacher. She makes friends easily, draws people to her, and exudes more self-confidence than I’ll ever dream of having. She is a gift to me as she pulls me out of my naturally introverted self to have great fun meeting really great people.

I have a few more days of lesson-learning this week and I am thankful for every minute. It is also amazing how people respond to her and the things we can learn from them. You know, loving neighbor also means getting to know them. What fun!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment