Saturday, May 24, 2014

Day #139

May 19, 2014

It’s hard to be away. In three weeks time, I will have been gone more nights than I have been at home.

So, as I leave for another week (even though I am very excited!), I realize that while the trips are good and relaxing and productive, they also leave a void. Things do not get done that are usually done (little details or tasks, like going through the “junk” mail); I do not get to spend time with all the people I want to (I’m behind in making visits - again!); and while some relationships are strengthened through spending time together, others may suffer from the lack of contact.

But there is comfort in knowing that, while I may be away, those I love and care about are not alone. And through my prayers, I am brought closer to them than even if I were present. Because God loves them much more fully than I can and is caring for them, providing for them, and will never, ever, leave them alone.

So, may the Lord bless you and keep you until I am back. And thank you for allowing me the time away!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment