Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day #142

May 22, 2014

There are two places in nature that, in my mind, are tough competitors for the spot where I feel closest to God. One is in the mountains, any mountains. There is a majesty for me in the mountains. There is a permanence that exudes God’s everlasting nature, along with a strength that reminds me God is always in control. I stand in awe when I am in the mountains.

The close competition is at the beach. As I watch the waves come in and go out, I feel in that rhythm God reminding me that I am constantly being sought. That God is always reaching out to give me strength and endurance. Then, just as constantly, God is taking away my pain, my fear, my doubt.
We sat on the beach today at dusk. And took in that rhythm. Were renewed by it. Were given peace in it. And celebrated God’s goodness. Thanks be to God.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment