Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day #136

May 16, 2014

My very first lock-in. I cannot believe I have gotten to this age and never attended an authentic lock-in. I cannot say that anymore! We had fun tonight. Eating, talking, playing games, having devotions, and, yes, midnight bowling. The youth were great! Respectful, appreciative, attentive. It makes me proud to be their pastor!!

We also came up with a new name for this committee we began a while ago. The Intergenerational Committee just didn’t have quite a ring to it, much less make it easy to understand what it means or who is included. We unveil the name on Sunday, so I won’t let the “cat out of the bag.” But stay tuned. The neat thing?! Several folks submitted suggestions, investing in the purpose of the committee and the events it plans. Suffice it to say, not one idea was the “one,” but it is a conglomeration of two or three. True intergenerational and inter-relatedness at work.

Can’t wait for the next event!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment