Monday, May 5, 2014

Day #120

April 30, 2014

Okay, I’m hooked on technology. I know it. I admit it. So even in the midst of exploring across Washington, Idaho and into Montana, I’m checking FaceBook and reading email. Lots of time in the car, while husband is driving, lends this possibility.

So, I saw this:
How do we respond to people who hurt us (I’m thinking of the not so friendly passenger Sunday night, too)? Do we get mad? Get even? Get ahead? Do we forgive over and over and over, only to risk being hurt over and over and over?

The above saying reminds me of another I commented on earlier (see Day #113): harboring anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. It seems similar since the person who hurts us will one day be done - all used up - but we’ll be polished. Does that help us forgive?

Something to think about the next time someone hurts me. Something to think about the next time I hurt someone else.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment