Monday, February 24, 2014

Day #48

February 17, 2014

Driving has never been a real chore for me. Perhaps it dates back to turning 16 and being excited about having some real independence. But five hours on Sunday, followed quickly by almost that many on Monday, is a little too much.

As I mentioned in yesterday’s entry, I attended a celebration on the coast Sunday evening, which is a long way from where we live. Not to say the trip wasn’t worthwhile. The ocean was, as usual, gorgeous and calming. Watching waves is soothing to me in a way that cannot be duplicated, even though the mountains will always be my favorite. But while I was so glad that I was able to go, I would have loved to have had company on my drive.

Yet, there was plenty of time for me to think, pray, sing, and generally be quiet. All in all, it was a good time for God and me and I am grateful for a safe journey. And not too anxious to make that kind of trip again alone - I prefer having my favorite traveling partner along!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment