Friday, February 7, 2014

Day #35

February 4, 2014

I needed forgiveness, because I made a mistake. I forgot to include three people in an important communication and, boy, did I mess up!

The first thing I notice is all those “I” statements in that first paragraph. That seems to be a good indication I have been running on “me” power lately, thinking I am doing just great all on my own.

That thinking always gets me in trouble. However, it just so happened I was reading Max Lucado the same day I realized my error. He was writing about Jesus ‘untying knots.’ That when we get all messed up and in a knot (or pickle or mess), Jesus is always there to help untie it. We are not alone.

But, how? This was a big mess that I made, so how can Jesus help untie, or fix, it? Would he help me humbly admit my mistake? He did. Would he soften the heart of the offended to accept my apology? I trust that is happening. Will he give me grace to forgive myself? That is just a little harder, but I am certainly praying about it.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment