Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day #44

February 13, 2014

Some days things just seem to want to go wrong. On a snow day, there should be rest, eating snow cream, and doing those things we never have time for otherwise. But not this one - everything on this snow day seemed to fall to the ground and break, burn my fingers, twist my ankle, or generally just go the opposite of what I expected or wanted.

So, do I chalk it up to a bad day? Only if I decide to let it get me down. Only if I decide to forget God’s blessings. Only if I decide I wanted it to be a bad day. Sure, I was a tad grumpy (breaking the ceramic liner to the crock pot stinks), but I also remember the blessings - folks were taking care of the church property/parking lot, my husband and I had an unexpected day together, and the snow was beautiful. Lots to be thankful for, even in the midst of the yuk.

Really, this IS the day the Lord has made. We WILL rejoice and be glad in it.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment