Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day #46

February 15, 2014

My husband and I had a delayed Valentine’s treat. We went to see a movie: Monuments Men. This movie is based on a true story about seven men who did their best to recover stolen art and literature near the end of World War II. It seems that in an attempt to wipe out completely the memory of certain races and people, Hitler had managed to have stolen millions of pieces of art and hidden them in mines. These brave 'Monuments Men' risked life and limb to recover as much as possible.

It made me wonder, what am I willing to risk for what is important? How do I determine what is important? The question that was asked in the movie, is art worth a person’s life, made we think about what is worth a person’s life? Is it how their life impacts the world? Is it their love of others? Their beliefs? Their faith that they pass on? What risky things do I do for any of those things?

Interesting questions. Troubling questions, too. How much risk should I take, how can I take more and for what?

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment