Friday, February 7, 2014

Day #31

January 31, 2014

Waiting. It’s about my very least favorite thing to do. Especially waiting in line or, the worst, waiting for a table at a restaurant.

But, that’s not really true. Waiting isn’t always such a bad thing. While waiting at a restaurant recently, Doug and I realized we had opportunity to sit close to each other, share little tidbits of our week, and generally have conversation and enjoy the time together. Something we don’t always do when we are rushing to the next thing or sitting at home with the television running or each of us reading.

This made me think: how often do I grumble about those long stoplights, traffic jams, or grocery store lines, when I could actually take advantage of them and use that time wisely - for conversation with God; just like Doug and I did at the restaurant. God is listening all the time - but how often do I miss the opportunity to listen to God and make good use of the time I am waiting?

Next time, I will be more intentional about using the “wait” for prayer time. Maybe I will be less grumbly!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment