Friday, February 14, 2014

Day #39

February 8, 2014

It was recently time for the annual Council Retreat. It began with devotions. Part of the devotion was an invitation to divide into pairs and tell our partner what gift(s) we see in them that helps clothe them for Christ’s service.

Mine? I was told I am like a computer, being able to keep track of many things at once. I am thankful for being able to multitask, but if you have been reading this blog, you saw post #35, just a few days ago, where I admitted falling short of the very thing I was just complimented on being able to do; keep track of many things at once.

What has been taking my focus lately? What is the main thing that has kept me from keeping my mind on the main thing? How have I gotten off track?

I have been thinking about it a lot. Not that I think I am too good to make mistakes like the one a few days ago, but that I know it’s not like me to forget folks. Something must be on my mind. Better yet, something must be getting in the way.

For help I think I’ll begin with prayer. It’s always a good place to go when I need some discernment time - a little extra intentional conversation with God. What better place for an intersection?!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment