Friday, December 24, 2021

Day #2914

December 23, 2021

As I stood in the Fellowship Hall watching folks gather for the Christmas Eve Eve event, seeing joy in the eyes of little ones as they saw people they knew, hearing laughter and expectation as folks came together, tears came to my eyes. These folks would experience a “Christmas village,” hear the story of Jesus’ birth, celebrate Holy Communion, and sing Silent Night, then be sent into the night, hopefully filled with some Christmas hope and peace. 


As the evening came to a close, it seems this “something new” did bring joy. For that, I am grateful. As I am to all who helped in so many ways - the musicians, the refreshment crew, the hosts and hostesses, the story-tellers, and certainly those who came for the experience. You are all absolutely wonderful, and I am grateful to be among you!


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment