Sunday, December 19, 2021

Day #2907

December 16, 2021

With all the busyness, pain and death lately, I found this month's “Mysterious Ways” an uplifting article in the “Guideposts” magazine. Lori Kennedy tells of going back to her burned out home following a wildfire. Except for a few items, all was gone. After a while, she and her husband called it quits on their "discovery mission." As she turned to get in the car, she noticed something stuck to her shoe. She writes, “A scrap of paper, smudged with soot. I picked it up. Its edges were singed, yet the words were surprisingly legible: ‘If life seems difficult, I pause and reflect on the blessing sometimes hidden within every circumstance. With renewed faith and courage, I begin again.’” 


Oh, how I needed to read these words. I have to admit, it is not always easy to keep going when there are weeks like these last two. Thank you again, God, for always being with me!


Then there is this picture of Simon on this day of his piano recital. 



You are really coming along well as a budding pianist. We are very proud of you! And what a tribute to your grandpa for wearing his tie. His memory is with you always. He also would be so proud!!

Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment