Friday, December 17, 2021

Day #2895

December 4, 2021

On this Satisfied Saturday, I give thanks for the working of the Holy Spirit. One of the times I am most appreciative of the Spirit's action is when I am writing a sermon. My prayer each time I sit to write is, “Thank you, God, for this opportunity. Lead, guide, and direct my thoughts, and words, to be what you want spoken and what others need to hear” (or something along those lines). When the scripture makes it difficult to discern a nugget for a sermon, I pray this more than once. Or twice. 


In the end, I truly believe it is the Holy Spirit that gives me words and direction. I pray that translates, or comes through, on Sunday. However, I believe and trust the Holy Spirit speaks to each one of us. We can all hear what is meant for us to hear. Therefore, my prayer really is: help me, Lord, to hear you. Amen! Let it be so!


Blessings. And prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment