Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Day #2221

January 30, 2020 

At a meeting today, the convener lead us into a devotion by asking the question, how is God a quilter? One response was as the weaver of different people and situations into one beautiful kingdom. Another was a thread that runs through all of life. 

I thought later of a specific incident that brought the past into the present and future, much like God is, has been and always will be. Years ago my sister-in-law sent me on a mission while I was visiting my good friend in Alabama. She asked me to go to thrift stores while there and buy t-shirts, which she planned to use in crafting a quilt for our Alabama fan nephew, her son. My friend and I had lots of fun shopping, making great memories, laughing and spending time together. Below is a picture of the quilt when it was nearly finished:


Being reminded of this trip with my friend, the smiles my sister-in-law brought with her talent (and her request), and the beautiful quilt our nephew can take into the future reminds me of how God loves us always and through all types of events, connecting us in ways we could not imagine or create ourselves. 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment