Friday, March 4, 2016

Day #792

March 2, 2016

The Lenten Round Robin worship services this year are based on the theme, “Who is my neighbor?” I chose “How with” my neighbor and am focusing on the reading from Romans, chapter 13, verses 8-10:
Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery; You shall not murder; You shall not steal; You shall not covet"; and any other commandment, are summed up in this word, "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore, love is the fulfilling of the law. (NRSV)
It’s not easy to talk about loving your neighbor, even less easy to live, with adults, but with the kids, boy was I nervous. Yet, here is some of what they said when I asked, how can we show love to a neighbor? “Invite them to play with me.” “Share my toys with them.” “Be nice.” And how to love my family, “give hugs and kisses.” :-)

Who is my neighbor - they are the people who are as close as in the next room in the house, or as far away as around the world. Yet we are to love them all.

Hmmm....wouldn’t it be a wonderful world if we all could/would just follow this one commandment?!?!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment