Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Day #791

March 1, 2016

At the end of each blog entry (and most other things I write), I close with the word "blessings." I have explained before that "blessings" is a reminder that God’s face is turned toward you - and a prayer that you not only know that, but trust it.

Today the understanding of "blessing" was expanded for me by a colleague at Text Study:
Blessing is the “quiet, continuous, flowing and unnoticed working of God” for life and vitality of a person’s and community’s whole life over time and throughout space” (Claus Westermann). ...to give one’s blessing is to share one’s vitality and life with another. (adapted from information shared by Laurie Jungling)
The thought that throughout these years of sharing written “blessings” with others means I could have “given” God’s vitality and life to others humbles me and warms me. May you be reminded that God’s face IS turned toward you, and that God’s vitality and life is shared with you. Always!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment