Monday, May 11, 2015

Day #495

May 10, 2015
The sentiment is loving and caring, but sometimes it simply hurts. For those I know who have suffered the pain of miscarriage or infertility, or broken relationships with their children or with their mothers, this day can be so painful it is to be avoided at all costs.

As I scanned the Facebook pages yesterday, there were wonderful tributes to mothers. Pictures of smiling faces, perhaps happier times or blessed memories, filled the day.

For me, I cannot say it was a painful day, but a somewhat melancholy one. My own dear mother and greatest cheerleader has been dead for almost eight years (huh?!?!) and my beloved grandma thirty-one (my word!). And I still miss them both, every day!

But as I am reminded each Mother’s Day, ALL women play a mothering role to someone. Aunts, Cousins, Step-Mothers, God-mothers, Sisters, Daughters, Girlfriends, are all women to be celebrated, cared for by, and looked up to. And it doesn’t take a special day to remember and honor them - PLEASE do so today, too!

And just so you men don’t feel left out, your day is coming soon. J

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment