Friday, May 8, 2015

Day #492

May 7, 2015

As I slowed down to turn into the neighborhood on my way home, I saw a man out in a field near the house. He was a good distance away from me, but there was something familiar about him. As I looked twice, I realized it was my husband. He was certainly too far away to make out any particular features, but I knew by the way he was standing, it was him.

Familiarity. After nearly 3 decades of spending time with him, it’s really cool that I know him so well. Whether we’re up close and the way he glances at me tells me what he’s thinking, or he’s far away and his walk or stance points him out, he’s familiar. There is comfort in that. And joy!

Imagine, too, that’s the way it is with our heavenly Father, God. God knows us so well, even to the number of hairs on our head. And a part of that knowing is love. A HUGE part. God knows us and loves us and desires deeply to be in relationship with us. So much so, that God is willing to do amazing things to call and gather us. That’s some really GOOD NEWS!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment