Saturday, May 2, 2015

Day #484

April 29, 2015

It was perhaps the coolest exercise of the whole retreat. On the last day, we were invited to write to the “angel” of our congregation. The model suggested came from the book of Revelation, chapter 1 - the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, write to them.

It was a great way to think of the church, as being guided or watched over by an angel, who I could write to about things that are on my mind. It was also a good reminder that God is with the church, is the head of the church, and is the guide of the church. Takes a little pressure off me! :-)

As the words flew from my pen, I was also reminded how this blog has helped me with getting my thoughts to “paper.” I’m thankful for this! And want to say thank you again for taking the time to read it!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment