Monday, October 20, 2014

Day #291

October 18, 2014

My husband and I were introduced on a blind date. Well, it wasn’t even a date, it was an arranged meeting. See, I had a good friend I met at church who told me about this guy and invited me to an event where he would be. My friend’s parents were good friends with "the guy's" parents and told him about me also, but didn’t tell him I would be at the event. Does it all sound confusing? Well, it was - and didn’t work out too well to begin with.

My point in bringing this up is that my friend’s parents, who were instrumental in arranging this meeting for us and for continuing to badger us until we tried again, are now both deceased. The husband died a few years ago and the wife died today. A grand southern lady, she was fun, stern, curious and always well-put-together. She will be missed. And will forever hold a special place in our hearts for helping introduce us. May she rest in peace!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment