Monday, October 20, 2014

Day #290

October 17, 2014

One of the things I have done for the wider church over the last 10-15 years that has been most rewarding is interviewing pastors who feel a tug to seek a call developing or redeveloping congregations. Maybe I should say, beginning new ministries or helping ministries in crisis renew and revitalize.

Over the course of these years while working with a partner to conduct these interviews, I have met some very talented, committed, energized and dynamic people. Although each person is unique, they all seem to have in common a few things: a passion for sharing the gospel, a talent for creating a vision and mission, and an outgoing, warm personality. I envy the gifts and the creativity these folks have. Believe me, I have learned so much from just listening to their stories. In fact, it was at the end of one of these interviews that I was challenged to take the leap and begin seminary. Quite a surprise since these interviews are NOT about the interviewer.

Anyway, today I did one of these interviews, and again had an enjoyable partner. As usual, I was blessed in the time of conversation with this talented pastor and even learned some things about myself. What a joy! What a gift to the church this pastor is and I pray for their continued ministry!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment