Monday, October 20, 2014

Day #288

October 15, 2014

One of those “God-cidents” happened today. Another “longtime” friend and I shared afternoon tea, crumpets (goodies, I explained to my husband when he asked just what a crumpet was), and great conversation. She is one of those folks that no matter how long it has been since seeing one another, we can pick right back up where we left off and keep going.

As special as the time was, the “God-cident” was actually in the teacups themselves. This process of cleaning out, sorting, and packing has much emotion tied to it. Items from all sides of our families, going back to great-grandparents in some incidents, bring memories and often tears to the surface. One of those items is a tea-set my grandma left specifically for me before she died. (I wrote about my grandma on Day #157, so you might know how close we were.) Well, the teacup my friend received to drink from today was what looked like a perfect match to that tea-set from grandma. And the one I received was like one from my husband’s grandmother.
 The “God-cidence” was not lost on me - nor the moment of joy in thinking of them as my “longtime” friend and I shared memories and made a new one.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment