Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day #262

September 19, 2014

Several years ago I worked with someone who told me his humorous story about going to the DMV to have the address changed on his driver’s license. It went like this: you know how it takes forever at the DMV and the employees are seemingly unhappy people? Well, today was no exception. It took me a couple hours to finally get to the head of the line and when I finished giving the employee my address change, she went to take my picture for the new license but, of course, the camera wouldn’t work. The frustrated, now very grumpy employee looked at me, and with a straight face said, “I hate my job!! This equipment don’t never work!!”

“This equipment don’t never work” has become a sort of byline for me, if you will, when things don’t go according to plan with equipment of any kind. Today I went by the church to prepare a PhoneTree message about an event at the church tomorrow. After spending about forty-five minutes making sure all was ready to send it, I then discovered the machine wasn’t working. There was nothing more I could do, except go home and grumble about the waste of time and the frustration of not being able to get the reminder out to folks.

Oh well, what are you going to do when “the equipment don’t never work!?” Keep smiling, I guess!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment