Friday, September 5, 2014

Day #243

August 31, 2014

With the fun comes the bittersweet moments of visiting folks who no longer can make the party. The last surviving aunt on my mother-in-law’s side of the family lives in assisted living. She’s quite the lady! Has listened to me on more than one occasion. Laughed with me at more than one family antic. Been a rock and a mentor and an encourager.

We went to visit and she took my husband’s cap right off his head. She kept it, too. We laughed.
As we got ready to go, she stopped me. She had more to say and we had more tears to shed. We prayed together, even sang a song together. And shed some more tears.

Then we all went back to the party - day 2 - and laughed and talked and ate. Yet the remnants of that morning’s visit were never too far away. How grateful I am to be connected with our aunt in love, in memories and in God.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment