Friday, April 4, 2014

Day #92

April 2, 2014

I was sitting at a stoplight today behind this truck. Are you ready for the rapture? I imagine this person means well. I imagine they are trying to spread the word about Jesus and his saving grace. But I’m not sure this really helps. After all, do folks even know what this question means? Or do folks even think they know what the rapture is? And is there even such a thing? As someone was sharing about an article they had just read, the teaching about “rapture” has only been around about 150 of the 2,000+ years since Jesus lived, died and rose again. And, it was started by ONE man by taking a piece of one part of scripture and a piece of another and a piece of another and creating the understanding.

Make no mistake - I believe Jesus will return one day. I believe Jesus came to live and die and rise again to save the world. And I believe in spreading the word about his saving grace. But, by the grace of God, with every word that comes from my mouth and every action that is done by my hands and heart.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment