Monday, April 14, 2014

Day #104

April 14, 2014

The doorbell rang today while I was at the office. A woman we were able to assist recently stopped to ask if we could provide some specific food for her. Her husband is out of work and life is really tough right now. She was embarrassed, but I reminded her that we all need some help sometimes.

It reminded me of a really rough time in my own life. One of the hardest things about it was that everyone seemed to know about our business, and our need. What privacy we like to think we keep can be, and usually is, lost when times are tough.

It made me wonder: how can we help others have more dignity in their time of need? What might be a better way for folks to let us know of their needs? When we need help, do we have to just put aside our insecurity and self-reliance and ask? Just a few things to consider on this Holy Monday.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment