Saturday, November 29, 2014

Day #332

November 28, 2014

A question someone asked me today caused me to reflect on transformation, specifically how we humans transform (of course, I’m coming from a viewpoint that transformation does happen and is inevitable). Now I’m not referring to the aging type of transformation, or what happens through formal education, but what happens as we go through life. Simply, am I the same person I was five years ago or ten years ago?

The answer is, no. And, quite frankly, I hope not! My answer to the person’s question focused on how I see God changing us. One way is through God’s Word. Every time I read and study scripture, I believe I am transformed through understanding more about who God is, how God loves me, and how God desires for me to respond. Another way is through worshiping God. Each time I spend intentional time with God and God’s people, I cannot help but be transformed. Especially through the meal of Holy Communion, as I literally ingest the living Word of Christ, being reminded of his forgiveness and grace. And, perhaps most importantly, through prayer, when my will is transformed toward God’s will.

All that being said, I also believe I can block God’s transforming of me. Please, dear God, forbid that possibility!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment