Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day #308

November 4, 2014

Ok, I must confess, I had a little meltdown today toward the end of the retreat. It has been all we hoped: a special time of sharing, laughter, prayers, and blessings. For example, here is a picture of our “altar” with some of the one-word descriptions of things that have meant something to us in these last hours.
Perhaps the most important, however, is the community building and bonding. It is holy ground, being with women in similar vocations and situations. There isn’t time for that often, and I realized in a profound way that I will soon be leaving this group, probably forever.

Thankfully, the meltdown lasted only briefly as hugs were given and I remembered this is not the ending of relationships. We are all connected by the bond of Christ, those in my past, present, and future. Thanks be to God!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment