Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Day #315

November 11, 2014

“At the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, WWI came to an end.” It was the explanation my husband gave after I said, “Look, it’s 11:11 on the 11th.” At the time, I just thought I was making an interesting time observation, but my history-loving husband knew better. “A moment of silence,” he said, and as I drove, he closed his eyes. I wasn’t sure what was happening, until he opened them again and made the statement I started with.

Today we give thanks for all veterans. Both of our fathers served in WWII (proof WWI was NOT the war that ended all wars and certainly not the end of the need for service personnel). We have friends and other family that have served, and are serving. We are grateful for their sacrifice, their courage, their commitment. Thank you, all of you past, present and future, for what you do!
Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that either, thank you (and Doug) for educating me; I shall remember that important fact from now on.

    ReplyDelete