Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day #313

November 9, 2014

Headed west, we are driving my husband’s pickup and pulling my car on a U-Haul trailer behind it. Ok, so what does that have to do with anything? Well, here are my observations:

First, as I learned while driving today, it means paying extra-special attention behind the wheel. Every move I make affects the trailer behind me. Hmm...the vehicle I’m driving is connected in a very real way to another.

Second, what I see in the rearview mirror never changes. To see what is coming I have to rely on other fields of vision. Hmm...I need to consider other “viewpoints.”

Third, if I focus on what is in the mirror behind me too much, I get off track in moving forward. The pickup can easily sway into another lane. Hmm...I can’t head into the future too directly or confidently if I’m focused on the past.

Fourth, sometimes the trailer affects the pickup. For instance, if it hits a bump or pothole, its “bouncing” can affect the performance of the pickup. Hmm…(this may be a stretch!)can God’s plan for creation have an affect on my performance/life? Albeit, God’s plan is always for the good - see Romans 8:28.

Ah, the surprising places for lessons in life and growth in faith!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment