Saturday, July 20, 2019

Day #2022

July 15, 2019

After the following conversation, an idea for a new thing was born - a Monday laugh for the week (yes, laughter is needed and appreciated). 

While spending some time in the late afternoon with our grand-niece, who is a very grown-up five year old, we had this humorous exchange. She politely informed me that her birthday is coming soon and she was sad we couldn’t come to her party. But…you could get me something and leave it for me. Or…you could take me to the toy store tomorrow and buy it for me now. Yes, I suppose I could, I told her. But my birthday is coming soon, too. What are you going to do for me for my birthday? She pondered that question for a moment or so, then looked at me and said very seriously, I’m still thinking about what to do for your birthday.

I had to laugh. She’s definitely like her father was at that age! And she’s a joy.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment