Saturday, July 20, 2019

Day #2018

July 11, 2019 

If you are a regular reader of this blog, you have an idea of how I consider what I do as a pastor to be a gift and a joy. Most days, I am grateful, and humbled, by the opportunity. But today, as we travel with the need to write a message looming over me, I must admit it feels more of a burden. 

Nearly nine years ago, I was honored to preside at the wedding of my husband’s cousin and wife. Now, we are in NC for his Memorial Service, which I also have been honored to be asked to do. I’m thankful to be able to help in this way, but also am coveting prayers. We are all still in shock and this is definitely one message I DO NOT want to write!

But, overall, it is good to be here, reminded that none of us grieve alone. 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment