Monday, June 30, 2014

Day #179

June 28, 2014

There is a myth in my world - that summer brings lazy, restful, relaxing days. So far this summer (since Memorial Day) has been anything but lazy and relaxing. Full, packed and busy better describe at least the last couple of weeks.

Although, please understand, "I’m not complaining, I'm just saying." There is a history to that saying. It became popular for me from a youth mission trip a couple of years ago. As we have taken these trips, our practice has been to have prayer before we climb into the vans to begin the trip.

And to take a few moments to lay down some basic ground rules. One of them a couple of years ago was NO complaining. We were going to be doing hot, dirty work, so if the leaders couldn’t, or wouldn’t, complain, then no one could. Well, not surprising, it wasn’t thirty minutes down the road before someone made some sort of complaint (what it was is long lost to memory), but the rule keepers quickly pointed out the mistake. “Hey,” the youth defended, “I’m not complaining, I’m just saying!” It became the saying of the trip, and one I have used many times since.

So, as I said, "I’m just saying," about these busy days. But, it does mean that when there is opportunity to spend some of a day just relaxing a little, it is very much appreciated! And I had that today. Yea!!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment