Monday, October 31, 2016

Day #1027

October 23, 2016

The scripture was about comparing ourselves to others - and Jesus’ reprimand about doing so. Yet, it is very difficult for us humans - well, me - to keep from doing. Sometimes it’s a comparison that I’m not as good as another. Sometimes it’s a comparison that I may be better. (I’m just being honest here!)

How ironic on the day we hear that parable from Jesus, our bishop visits the worship service! Surprised, I wondered if I was being “checked up” on. Had she come because she has heard something about our services? Was it something bad? Could it have been something good? 

Goodness, why was I unnerved? Can’t the bishop worship anywhere she chooses, just because? Of course?! 

Oh Jesus, will I ever learn?

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment