Monday, October 17, 2016

Day #1019

October 15, 2016

This from the Daily Grace devotion from the Women of the ELCA:
When we call on God to help us get rid of our enemies, God may do that by transforming those enemies into friends. This message is an excerpt from “Expanding Our Definitions” by Julie A. Kanarr from the November 2, 2014, blog of the Women of the ELCA. 
Does our prayer include ridding us of enemies - fear, anger, hurt, pain, illness, despair, faithlessness, distrust, betrayal, etc. I admit my prayers often include such as these. Does God transform these enemies into “friends?” Maybe not so much friends, but often they are ways of learning and growth. 

Prayer is such an odd thing. Yes, God is willing and ready to hear our prayers at any time about any thing, yet the prayer itself is often the transforming factor for me! Often the situation, or another, isn’t changed, but I am. Trusting that God knows, and gives, what is best and good, now that can be the challenge.

Know that I am praying for you. And if I haven't said so lately, thank you for your visit here!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment