Thursday, October 13, 2016

Day #1014

October 10, 2016

Borrowed an idea from Rev. Dr. David Lose and invited folks at the end of the sermon Sunday to think about responding to “How are you?” with “I’m grateful.” It was a joy to ask each person as they left, “How are you?” and often hear them respond, “I’m grateful.” 

Someone shared a cute moment from their early Monday when they were asked, “How are you?” and they replied, as usual, “Fine.” Then they followed with, wait, I’m supposed to respond, I’m grateful. They said that someone else was getting ready to ask them how they were and the person relaying their story to me said, great, I get a second chance. 

Isn’t that what being grateful is all about!?! Realizing God gives us second (and third, fourth, etc) chances. And for that I am surely grateful!!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment