Friday, October 7, 2016

Day #1011

October 7, 2016 

What an afternoon!!! Somehow while shopping today, I lost my billfold. In it, of course were my driver’s license, credit cards, etc. I searched and searched, going over every inch of the store where I last remembered having it. As panic set in, my patient husband began making calls to cancel all the cards (what a pain!!) and I took care of the necessary "stuff" with the bank. All the time, I lamented, shed a few tears, got angry, and berated myself - the usual emotions when you have done something careless. How could this have happened?!?!

Four hours later, after many phone calls, another trip to the store to see if, by chance, the lost had been found and returned, and me pretty much giving up, my husband’s phone rang. Thinking that finding the billfold was a lost cause, I didn’t pay much attention until I heard him say, “You have it?” It seems a customer going into a store three down from where I had been earlier had found the billfold in the parking lot and took it into a store I had not even come near. The employees there went through it and found my husband’s number to call in case of emergency. We rushed over, certain most things were gone. But no, only the cash was missing - $1.00 (yes, you read that right - one measly dollar). And there in the correct spots were my driver’s license, credit cards, etc. 

I cannot express how thankful and relieved I am!! And how grateful I am for the kindness and honesty of someone I will never know. Frankly I am still a little miffed at the dishonesty of another who must have found it and then thrown it down, since it means all the credit cards will still be replaced because we had already cancelled them. However, it could have been so much worse. 

The moral of the story: be mindful of your belongings and pay attention to what you are doing. But more important, remember there are still honest people who do the right thing. Thank you to whoever you are for returning what was lost!!! I am forever grateful!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment