Monday, July 6, 2015

Day #551

July 5, 2015

Often God reminds me to straighten out my attitude in almost humorous ways. There was a message from a neighbor to the congregation asking for drinking water. A rather specific request for a 24-count case of drinking water, albeit with a seemingly good explanation. So…my husband and I obliged. I must confess, it wasn’t exactly willingly or joyfully on my part, but we did. It’s what we are to do, right?!

Well, after delivering the water, as we pulled away from the curb and made the turn toward home, a pickup truck pulls beside us at the stoplight. On the back of the truck is this scripture: “give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Okay God, I get it!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment