Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day #169

June 18, 2014

Yesterday I talked about an answer to the question, “Does Jesus ever surprise you?” I had a surprise today that came at just the right time and in just the right way.

We took the youth on a Service Project Outing today. We walked next door to a retirement village and half the group spent time talking with residents, while the other half helped with worship and also had conversations. While talking with two delightful ladies, one said to me, “You really love what you do, don’t you?” I said, yes ma'am, I do. Then she said, “You can tell. It just shows.”

Just when I was hot, tired, and somewhat frustrated and discouraged, the joy of Christ was still shining through, enough so that the joy was visible to others.

How surprising of Jesus to bless me with encouragement when that was what I/we were supposed to be giving to others. But then, that’s just how this whole loving others thing usually goes. We receive way more than we ever give!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment