Monday, June 2, 2014

Day #150

May 30, 2014

Today was the first of two days of the annual assembly for the NC Synod. A highlight of the event for me is reconnecting with friends and colleagues, some new and some for a very long time. Those connections mean so very much and are so important. These are people who have walked with me, supported me, challenged me, nudged me, and loved me. And certainly laughed with me. However, it isn’t unusual to hear a squeal and laughter and see folks hugging anywhere in the auditorium or on the campus grounds. It isn’t just me who reconnects - we all do.

This year’s theme for the assembly is centered around the synod initiative:

It is a focus of prayer, study and discernment of what God is calling a congregation to be in its place and planning for how it will do what it is meant to do.

Suffice it to say, it is an exciting time for the NC Synod and an exciting time for the church.

Blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment