Friday, June 6, 2014

Day #155

June 4, 2014

At the monthly Seniors Luncheon, the host pastor shares devotions. The pastor today shared a story of an actual event that happened to him at a movie theater recently. It was quite entertaining. Yet, at its core, the story poked fun at older folks. Let me say, though, that this pastor has the knack for telling a story in such a way that, even though it was sort of picking on many of the folks in the room, there was much laughter. He can tell a story that well.

Perhaps, however, the credit should go to those in the room - the folks who gather together once a month to enjoy excellent potluck food they prepare, wonderful fellowship, cares and celebrations. They have such a spirit of joy and love for one another (and respect for their pastors) that they can laugh at themselves.

Let me say this, too, these meetings are one of the highlights of my month! Their spirit is contagious and I always leave uplifted. May I have that much energy, joy, and commitment as I mature!

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment